The villages of Mala Kostrevnica, Velika Kostrevnica, Dvor and Lupinica are located in the Kostrevnica Valley. Meadows and fields surround the stream Kostrevniški potok, sometimes closing in and then dispersing into mixed forests. The location name Kostrevnica (Cozdruniz) was first mentioned in 1136. The second written reference dates to 1169. That was when Burkard von Pouch from Podbukovje pri Vačah donated the “Cozruidniz castle” to the monastery in Stična. The name of the village is of Slavic origin – kostreva, meaning a variety of grass, probably the rye brome (Bromus secalinus). The beautiful meadows of Kostrevnica are also mentioned by Johann Weichard Freiherr von Valvasor (Slovene Janez Vajkard Valvasor) in his Glory of the Duchy of Carniola.
Javni zavod Bogenšperk, t: 01 898 78 67